· Dependent on response from volunteers, all applications MAY NOT be required/accepted.
· Every effort will be made to assign volunteers to their area of choice. We hope volunteers will want to assist in any area.
Benefits, Terms and Conditions of Volunteering
TERMS & CONDITIONS
· I am 15 years of age or older as of March 15th, 2023 to volunteer for any Curling Canada Event or Volunteer Capacity.
· I am fully vaccinated and able to provide proof of vaccination.
· I am required to wear official event clothing at a cost of $30 payable to “2023 Nickel City Curling Championships”. This fee also contributes to the volunteer reward package detailed under “Benefits of Volunteering” listed below.
· This fee will be collected when you register online. At the same time you will choose your uniform size and submit a photograph for your accreditation.
· Authorization to perform a background check for those volunteers working with Junior Stars and the School Program.
· Authorization for photographs to be taken and used by the “2023 Nickel City Curling Championships”.
· Photo identification is required for accreditation.
· We will use email to communicate with volunteers. Please provide your email address when applying to volunteer.
VOLUNTEER WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I, as named below, desire to work as a Volunteer for The Association and engage in the activities related to being a Volunteer for an assignment or event. I hereby voluntarily, execute this Volunteer Waiver under the following terms:
I release and hold harmless The Association and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with The Association.
I understand that this Waiver discharges The Association from any liability or claim that I, The Volunteer, may have against The Association with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on The Association's work site or event. I also fully understand that The Association does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
I understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of The Association beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of The Association in the event of such injury or medical expense.
I hereby release The Association from any claim whatsoever which arises or may arise in the future on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services that are conducted in connection with an emergency during my time with The Association including WSIB coverage and The Association’s Commercial Liability.
I grant unto The Association all right, title, and interest in and all photographic images and video or audio recordings that are made by The Association during my work with The Association, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits that are derived from such photographs or recordings.
I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
Benefits of Volunteering
All accepted applicants will receive as part of their volunteer rewards package:
An official 2023 Nickel City Curling Championships volunteer uniform
Invitation to the volunteer appreciation party.
Access to the venue seating when not on shift. Seats are available based on capacity, reserved seating is not provided. For those volunteers who want reserved seats, it is suggested that they purchase tickets.
Re-Enter Email Address:
Date of Birth:
Member of Curling Club:
Preferred Volunteer Areas:
*We do not retain credit card data. This is a one-time payment applied immediately.